Operating System: Windows XP (Note: might work with other versions of this os.)
I figured out how to get my SGI (actually darfon) to work on windows xp... I will try to go through it for you. It took me a long while to figure it out.
1. Go to CONTROL PANEL selecting PRINTERS AND OTHER HARDWARE
2. Select KEYBOARD, this will open the KEYBOARD PROPERTIES window.
3. Click the tab that says HARDWARE. In the bottom right of the KEYBOARD PROPERTIES window there should be two buttons; Troubleshoot... and PROPERTIES. Click the PROPERTIES button.
4. This should bring up a window for a 101/102 key keyboard. There should be a tab that says DRIVER. Click on that tab.
5. You should now see a button that says UPDATE DRIVER. Click that button. This will bring up the UPDATE WIZARD.
6. When it asks, "What do you want the wizard to do?" Select "Install from a last or specific location." Click the NEXT button.
7. Select "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install." Click the NEXT button.
8. In this screen you should see a box with a checkmark and next to it says "SHOW COMPATIBLE HARDWARE." Remove the checkmark by clicking on it.
9. After you have deselected the box there should be two lists; Manufacturer and MODEL. All that needs to be done is to scroll up the MODEL list until you see "JAPANESE PS/2 KEYBOARD (106/109 Key)"
10. Highlight "JAPANESE PS/2 KEYBOARD (106/109 Key)" by Clicking on it. Then click the NEXT button. It will install the driver to properly install the 106 key Japanese keyboard.